Monday, October 5, 2009

It's Fall

What an emotional roller coaster these past few days. Do you ever say something you wish you could just not say, rewind time. Well, I publicly apologize to those I hurt by what I said. They know who they are.

Good news, I have learned how to can foods from my garden. I made pickles (they taste good), canned carrots and tomatoes. I am looking forward to next year because now I know exactly what I want to plant, how much, and what I will do with it all. It goes to my food storage. I still have some more carrots to do and a few more tomatoes. The carrots take the longest because of having to pressure cook them.

Meanwhile, we were able to get 3 deer on the muzzleloader hunt. I'm a poor shot, thank goodness Brad is not. Barratt's a very good shot. He came up 2 of the 5 days we were there. He was there about 2 hours and shot a nice 3 point. I was there 5 days and missed a nice 4 point and a 2 point. I need to improve my aim.

I do love fall! I hated the wind yesterday though. It blew so hard that it blew a board that was leaning on the side of our garage into our truck and put a nice dent in it. Thank goodness for insurance.

Someday I will post some pictures on here. Life gets so busy and my computer at home is so slow. I need more RAM but also lack the funds for purchasing some. I will have to get on the laptop and do it.
So hopefully more to come soon...

0 comments: